About our spa
Vintage Garden Spa is a quirky, boutique home based day spa with a beautifully designed vintage log cabin and hydrotherapy hot tub based in Ossett, West Yorkshire and easily accessed from the M1 motorway. Ossett sits between Wakefield and Leeds within the famous Rhubarb Triangle.
Created in late 2016 by Sam, who wanted to create something locally that was special and unique. Where clients who prefer a personal, warm approach to holistic treatments could visit. The spa creates a little haven where you can come and relax, without feeling pressured or rushed and our clients often say it’s ‘like being in a world away’.
We offer a variety of holistic treatments and day spa packages, with hydrotherapy hot tub and ‘homemade’ afternoon tea’s – which Sam bakes herself. We are also able to create bespoke packages so we are able to flexibly meet your needs. Please feel free to browse our SERVICES page to see what we have to offer you.
Our hydrotherapy hot tub is located on a large decking area to the rear of our vintage inspired log cabin and is private with a beautiful clematis covered pergola. The garden area, which is lovingly tended with an array of baskets, flowering shrubs and stunning flowers is available for your use when the weather is pleasant. We also have a large patio table and umbrella with comfy seating, where you can relax and take your afternoon if you wish.
We also have another room available for use occasionally in the main house, which is decorated in a garden style to keep with theme of Vintage Garden Spa and has a lovely calming zen feel to it, with low lit candles and a stunning flowered wall mural. Please see our GALLERY for photos of our space.
We like to be different and the spa is constantly growing due to the popularity of Sam’s warm, personal and welcoming approach. We have many repeat clients who love to come and take time out and who now feel Vintage Garden Spa has a special place in their hearts.
All our reviews are 5* and we are incredibly proud to have achieved such lovely feedback from each and every one of our clients – you are the most important people in the world to us and our mission to go above and beyond to ensure you are not just satisfied when you leave but that you feel you will want to return time and time again.
Our clients comfort and happiness is of the utmost importance, and a great deal has been invested to ensure we achieve this – not just financially but Sam has the the keenest eye for attention to detail and believing that it’s the little things that often matter the most. It has definitely been a journey of passion and love that has lead to the spa being what it is today.
We want your visit to be hassle free and easy to plan and most of all we want you to be relaxed and excited about your visit from the moment you book to the minute you leave.
In June 2019 Vintage Garden Spa was awarded with a ‘Certificate of Excellence’ on Trip Advisor.
When you visit for one of our day spa packages you will have the entire log cabin and garden area exclusively to yourselves.
Our log cabin has a lovely, inviting homely feel to it and Sam has taken extra care to create a beautiful, calming retreat.
Comfort and a feeling of tranquility is important for all her clients and among the ‘little things’ we have:
- A pair of comfy wing chairs in the cabin with footstools so you can really ‘put your feet up’ and relax. We also have hug rugs so you can snuggle up in our chairs and even have a nap if you like !
- Our cabin has underfloor heating to keep those toes cosy and warm in winter.
- Sturdy and very thickly padded, therapy couches which are also heated in winter. Our couches really are like ‘laying on a bed’ and our clients absolutely love how comfortable they are.
- A specialised memory foam cushion for the top of our couches with a groove to support delicate breast tissue when laid on your front – we know how difficult it can be trying to lay on a totally flat, hard couch and get comfortable ! Our cushion is also fantastic for pregnancy massage and also supports the shoulders when laid on your back.
- We have adult colouring books, magazines, crosswords and some music, film and trivia quizzes in the cabin or you can choose to listen to the ambient sounds of our background music or songs of the many birds we have visiting the garden while you have a good old catch up.
- We have a complete online booking system, so you can easily check the date you want and pay a small deposit online. Our website holds a Commodo SSL security certificate and your payment is protected through our payment processor.
- We take card payments, bank transfer and cash, so you can choose whichever is easier for you to pay for your appointment on the day of your visit.
Sam’s aim was to create an environment to capture the essence of a quaint, often forgotten feel of older times. An era when taking time for tea and rest was important.
However, the best way to experience everything Vintage Garden Spa has to offer is to come and visit and see for yourselves !
Sam looks very much look forward to being able to welcome you and if you have any queries at all please get in touch.
You can also visit our FAQ page for further details.
Sam is the owner and main therapist at Vintage Garden Spa. Working previously as a mental health nurse in the NHS for over 15 years, Sam has extensive experience in supporting and caring for members of the public. After turning 40, she decided to change career and run her own therapy business. Something she had wanted to do for a long time and is incredibly passionate about. Sam is fully qualified and insured and has also been approved by the Environmental Health Department to enable her to provide food services at Vintage Garden Spa.
Her recent hygiene inspection found her practice to be of a high standard – resulting in an official 5* hygiene rating award.
Sam is married to Mark and they live with their 7 year old pooch Matilda, a Mini Schnauzer – who enjoys lazing in the lounge after a long morning walk and sleeping for much of the day ! She does enjoy popping out now and again to meet clients in the garden, however if you prefer not to be around dogs then she’ll happily continue her snoozing in the lounge and won’t bother you.
Enjoying a number of hobbies from crafting, to a keen interest in fantasy literature Sam’s favourite hobby is paper cutting and a few of her papercuts can be seen adorning the walls of the cabin.
Sam also loves to papercut gift cards, which are offered to clients when purchasing vouchers as part of the overall spa experience offered.
Sam is incredibly family orientated and loves to spend time with her ever growing family – she of course also loves cooking for everyone and her family feasts are quite the family tradition.