We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual. For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using cookies. A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. Cookies are used to:
- Estimate audience size and usage pattern;
- Store information about user preferences, and so allow customisation of sites according to the users’ individual interests;
- Speed up searches;
- Recognise users when they return to sites.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies These are cookies that are required for the operation of our site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our site or use a shopping cart.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors, see how visitors move around our site and provide anonymised tracking data to third party applications like Google Analytics. As a rule, cookies will make your browsing experience better
- This helps us to improve the way our site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies These are used to recognise you when you return to our site. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
You may prefer to disable cookies on this site and on others. The most effective way to do this is to disable cookies in your browser. We suggest consulting the Help section of your browser or taking a look at the About Cookies website which offers guidance for all modern browsers